[Yum-devel] yum-src people

Inertia technoyippie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:30:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:00 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> I've never liked 'yum get'. It's a confusing word as a lot of people may
> think it means 'install'.

How about 'yum download' or 'yum fetch' instead?  I think 'download'
sounds more unambiguous.

Also, how about allowing the usage of the pseudo-arch 'src'; for
instance:
  yum install foo.i386 # installs the i386.rpm
  yum install foo.i686 # installs the i686.rpm
  yum install foo.src  # installs the src.rpm

And some ideas for handling BuildRequires:
  yum buildreq foo      # using buildreq implies using the foo src.rpm
  yum buildreq foo.src  # same as above, explicitly
  yum buildreq foo.i386 # silently exit or error (pick one)

For more complicated queries or operations, users could be pointed to
repoquery.py or something.

-inertia