[Yum-devel] yum-src people

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon Mar 14 07:39:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, seth vidal wrote:

> Hey,
> I think I remember some folks who were working on/talking about working
> on yum-src.
>
> Do any of you have a general spec of what you want it do?
>
> I'm trying to get an idea of what things you might find useful to be in
> the yum module in order to accomplish that.

For me the most important thing is installing build dependencies of both
local src.rpm's and from repositories. Downloading (latest) src.rpm's from
repositories is another kinda useful thing - not so much perhaps for
Fedora because we have CVS for that stuff but for others.

Apt has an option to build after source package retrieval but I don't
think I've *ever* used it in reality (whereas build-dep and grabbing
source packages I use all the time) - a real buildsystem like mach is more
useful for that purpose.

 	- Panu -