[Yum-devel] requested 'protectbase', as used in yum 2.0

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 10:50:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 01:26 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > One thing to bear in mind when considering a plugin architecture is
> > prevention of namespace pollution.
> >
> > firstboot modules have had issues in the past #143260
> >

> Can you summarize this bug? I can't access it.

Oops sorry:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/firstboot/firstbootWindow.py", line 292, in nextClicked
    result = module.apply(self.notebook)
  File "/usr/share/firstboot/modules/securitylevel.py", line 202, in apply
    val = self.trustedList.get_active(count)
AttributeError: 'CheckList' object has no attribute 'get_active'

Root cause was a class name collision.

The "Checklist" from s-c-securitylevel does in fact have a
"get_active" method, but I bet it's getting the checklist.py/Checklist
object from up2date instead.

ls /usr/share/firstboot/modules/

in securitylevel we were doing:

sys.path.append('/usr/share/system-config-securitylevel')
import checklist

Now we do import scs_checklist as checklist

Basically if we do plugins it'd be nice to protect against this kind of borkage from the start.

Paul