[Yum-devel] cElementTree

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Sat Mar 5 03:28:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-03 at 20:48 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> other questions:
>  1. does cElementTree work with python 2.2? Does iterparse()? If not
> then we get hung up making this work on rhel3 :(

Yes to all.

>  2. what's the cElementTree maintenance and license?

>From setup.py: license="Python (MIT style)", so it's fine. WRT
maintenance I think Ryan can answer that better, but the last release
was in January, and it seems actively maintained. Moreover, it's largely
just a pythonized frontend to expat -- the code itself is about 2500
lines, which is downright laconic when it comes to C.

I've actually just managed to build it with the system's expat, so it
doesn't statically link the bundled expat libs. If you haven't yet built
the RPMs for ElementTree and cElementTree, I'd like to take a look at
making them.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev <icon at linux.duke.edu>