[Yum-devel] YumIdeas

Bryan Stillwell bryans at aspsys.com
Thu Jun 30 15:25:43 UTC 2005

How about a build dependency install option?  I find myself building
packages pretty often and I would like to run one command like the
following:

   yum builddep mpich

Which would install gcc, make, and XFree86-devel.  I find this option
really helpful on debian systems.  Eventually this could be expanded out
to allow something like pbuilder.  pbuilder is useful as it "constructs
a chroot system, and builds a package inside the chroot. It is an ideal
system to use to check that a package has correct build-dependencies."

Bryan

--
Aspen Systems, Inc.    | http://www.aspsys.com/
Production Engineer    | Phone: (303)431-4606