[Yum-devel] [UG] CTRL-C wierdness revisited

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jun 28 04:24:16 UTC 2005

#2 isn't a problem. We do the sigchecking once all the pkgs have been
downloaded. We verify the pkg against its sha1 or md5 checksum in the
xml metadata.

so maybe this is easier than it seems. I'll try a couple of simple
tricks around the package download part.

however, we're going to get caught out in the cold when it comes to
downloading the package headers. Opening, closing and rebuilding the
packages on every header download would be kinda expensive.

We could get a list of what headers we need, tear down the ts, download
them, repack the ts, test, wash, rinse, repeat.

Wouldn't take _too_ _too_ much code restructuring.

alternatively we might could ask someone about keeping rpm from grabbing
this signal.