[Yum-devel] [UG] CTRL-C wierdness revisited

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jun 28 01:44:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 21:46 +1000, Menno Smits wrote:
> Last night I spent some time looking at the strange behaviour of CTRL-C
> during downloads in Yum. CTRL-C always seems to generate a socket.error
> rather than a KeyboardInterrupt like it should.

First off - very cool work on this, Menno. Thank you.

> To fix this issue, here's what I propose:
>      - yum should always del used RPM transactions objects
>   	or if we need to keep them,
>      - yum should restore the SIGINT handler after RPM transactions
>
>      - add an "interrupt" callback to urlgrabber or allow client code to
>        abort a running urlgrabber transfer when it receives external
>        events (GUIs should be considered here too)

Okay so we'll have to chase down and look for data that will simply be
vanishing when we close the rpmdb, however, it shouldn't be more than:
self.closeRpmDB() right before the downloading begins.

the problems:
1. repacking the transaction set for non-install/update events
2. checking the gpg signature of the packages w/o opening and closing a
ts (over and over and over again)

#2 might cost us a lot of time.

your thoughts?