[Yum-devel] writing out the cache and yum-utils

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at linux.duke.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:11:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 10:52 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > Because I can make a symlink that points to a directory owned by you which
> > happens to have the right permissions. And then I can move where it points.
>
> can't you do the same thing with a dir?
>
> in short - how does that help us?

It makes more sense. We are trying to ensure that the directory we're
accessing is the same one we have created. Since we didn't create a
link, then we shouldn't be expecting to find one.

Otherwise I could, as user icon, do:

ln -s /home/skvidal/.gnome2-private /tmp/yum-skvidal-foo

And at the very least run you out of quota. :)

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Ryabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin