[Yum-devel] config.py

Menno Smits menno-yum at freshfoo.com
Mon Jun 20 07:34:51 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> Menno had mentioned to me a while back about not liking a lot of things
> about the code in yum/config.py. I'm not sure I entirely agree with him
> but there are some things in there I was thinking about making changes
> to and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on better ways to
> go:

Based on our earlier discussions I don't think properties are the way to
go here but shortening those method names is definitely a must! I think
a table based approach is worth considering. All config variables, with
types, defaults etc would be defined in big table.

There's a few tricky issues to figure out so I'd like to do some
prototyping before going much further. This has been and is still on my
yum todo list. I may try attacking this soon and send some patches for
comment.

Menno