[Yum-devel] login prompt plugin

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 16 18:22:38 UTC 2005

Greets.

Now that yum 2.3.x supports plugins I'm looking to see if anyone has yet
written a plugin that can be used with password protected urls. I'm
thinking that somewhere in the yum.conf the following lines would appear:

	userid=
	password=

If they are both empty yum would prompt for each before attempting to
connect to the repo using the url format:

	proto://userid:passwd@host/directory

If userid is given but password is left blank than only the password
would be prompted for. Most likely this info would be part of the repo
definition to allow for multiple repos with different userids and passwords.

Does a plugin like this exist yet or should I start learning python? :)

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center System Admin