[Yum-devel] [UG] HTTP cache stuff

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Thu Jun 16 17:09:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:30:01PM +1000, Menno Smits wrote:
> On a side note, I noticed that urlgrabber accepts an option for FTP
> headers. Where are these headers supposed to get used within the FTP
> protocol? I can't see where urllib2 uses them. Just curious more than
> anything.

Well, I'd need to remind myself, but I think the explanation is this:
when you do ftp through a proxy, it's usually an http proxy, and
those headers will get sent to the http proxy, not to final ftp
server.
					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G