[Yum-devel] locale related traceback

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Jun 7 20:48:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 22:29 +0200, Terje Rosten wrote:
> * Menno Smits
> |
> | I'm seeing the following output following a successful
> | transaction. This is with the latest yum CVS on FC4t3. Looks like
> | something to do with the recent locale patch.
> |
> |     locale.resetlocale(locale.LC_TIME)
> |   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/locale.py", line 389, in resetlocale
> |     _setlocale(category, _build_localename(getdefaultlocale()))
> | locale.Error: unsupported locale setting
>
> Strange, it works here, running current rawhide, can you post your
> locale settings so I can try to reproduce, just type "locale" in a
> xterm.

The same traceback happens for me on both FC4-rawhide and RHEL 4 with
the default locale:
[pmatilai at weasel ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Googling around showed quite a few similar/related cases, eg
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2004-November/026099.html - from what I gathered from those it'd seem to be an upstream python bug of sorts but a) I'm pretty clueless about locale issues b) I prefer to stay that way :)

	- Panu -

	- Panu -