[Yum-devel] Time for new yum-utils release?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Jul 19 10:54:54 UTC 2005

Now that yum 2.3.4 is out, how about a new yum-utils release to go with
it? We have various plugins there now, and the tempcache thing is very
nice addition as well, along with various other improvements and
fixes.

On a related note - any thoughts about packaging the plugins? I think
it'd be nice to have the plugins as separate packages so they'd get
properly updated, instead of just including them as %doc. And if they're
to be packaged, should we just call them yum-<pluginname> or something
like yum-plugin-<name>? The latter would at least be very obvious what
those things are, but 'yum-protectbase' is quite clear as well.

	- Panu -