[Yum-devel] yum 2.3.4

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jul 8 06:29:43 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,
Yum 2.3.4 is available for download. This is a new release in the
'development' branch. It looks pretty good but there were a fair number
of changes in this release so I wouldn't be surprised to find some bugs
in there.

Unrelated - I'd like to point out the yum wiki pages:
http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/Yum . Greg Knaddison has been kind enough to
start editing them up and adding to them and he's really made some
progress. If anyone is interested in helping out drop me a line.

tarball:
 http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.3/yum-2.3.4.tar.gz

srpm:
 http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.3/yum-2.3.4-1.src.rpm

Changes:
- document 'list recent' and 'deplist'
- fix the 'perl(foo::bar::baz)' searching provides bug.
- check if the url of a proxy is anything sensible
- make yum shell not exit when failing to enable/disable a repo -
  fix an unneccesary sys.exit() in doRepoSetup()
- if repomd.xml is mangled, try another mirror for unmangled one.
  This deals, correctly with horribly broken http servers that
  redirect a 404 error to an error page and issue a 200 *Thwack*
- check in Christopher Weis's patch to enable repackaging support
  in yum - modify the patch to ouput progress bars and semi-sensible
  output for the rpm callback
- make -d0 and -e0 work again.
- misc updates to the man pages - merge terje rosten's patch for
  the new nevra package specification
- remove rss-filename from the docs
- change out returnPackageByDep() to use returnPackagesByDep() and
  bestPackageFromList() rather than duplicating a lot of simple code
- Check in terje rosten's patch to config.py to handle reposdir as a
  list, not a string
- Add support for name-epoch:version-release.arch naming convention to
  parsePackages()
- add os.path.normcase() for lockfile to fix rh bug: 160928
- make the use-indexes-to-retrieve-hdrs mechanism work.  - this
  makes a big speed up for yum remove calls when using rpm >= 4.4.1
- Added http_caching option to provide control over http caching
  headers.  This addresses bug #412
- Support for multple GPG keys per repo.

Let us know what breaks, thanks.