[Yum-devel] API Changes: Was: plugings modifying the URLGrabber instance

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jul 3 16:11:16 UTC 2005

[SNIP] the earlier discussion of what is modern system maintenance. I'll
answer that more later.

In the meantime - I think we have some amount of consensus that we want
to make the repo/packagesack/packageobject code more functional for
different types of data storage.
This is a non-trivial amount of conversion work once we get the new
classes written. So I'm wondering - do we want to put out a yum 2.3.4,
now and then work on these changes. Mainly b/c the amount of changes
will be pretty huge, I think, we'll be debugging them for a while, I'm
guessing.

Thoughts?