[Yum-devel] [UG] disabling cache to workaround broken proxies

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Sat Feb 26 21:37:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 03:02:23PM -0500, Sean Dilda wrote:
> >His (Roozbeh is a he?) patch for including the no-cache header would
> >probably work.  I was just about to apply it when I thought it might
> >be better to go a more general route.  Basically, I don't want to
> >create a special urlgrabber option for every conceivable HTTP header.
> >I'm wondering if it might be better to allow an option like:
> >
> >  http_headers = (('Pragma', 'no-cache'), ('Foo', 'bar'))
>
> I like the idea of a more general approach like this.  However, I think
> using Python syntax like that is going to confuse users and end up with
> a lot of broken configs due to missing or extra parentheses.

I'm only talking about options to urlgrabber, actually, where python
syntax is not only logical, but required :)  Now, whether seth chooses
to expose these options to yum-users would be up to him.  I probably
wouldn't, though.

					-Michael

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G