[Yum-devel] sqlite stuff is merged to yum HEAD

Gijs Hollestelle g.hollestelle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:40:10 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've just merged my sqlite subversion repository, along with Menno's
patches and some last minute changes to yum's CVS. If everything is
okay this should do the following:

If you have python-sqlite bindings installed, yum will use sqlite
caches otherwise it will fall back to pickle caches. The idea of the
sqlite caches is that they use far less memory and that multiple runs
on the same metadata are much faster. Initial importing however can be
a bit slower than the original pickle dumps.

Notes:
1. This is the first time these patches get tested so there will be
bugs, if you encounter them, please let me know so that they can be
addressed.
2. Excluding of packages is not implemented ATM, I hope to be able to
address this later this weekend, if you have a good idea on how to
implement this in a fast and sane way, let me know.
3. There are quite a few outstanding TODOs if you are willing to help
out with any of these, just let me know or send in patches.

Greets,
  Gijs