[Yum-devel] [UG] python-urlgrabber test packages

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Fri Feb 25 18:35:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:11:42PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> I was making yum dep against urlgrabber so if someone took urlgrabber
> from linux.duke.edu/projects/urlgrabber and built the rpm from there
> that it would still work to resolve the yum requirement. In other words
> to keep the urlgrabber dependency from being overly fedora-core-centric.

I don't really care which direction we go on this.  Will we also need
to manage Conflicts?  Or is that implied by Provides?  Frankly, I'd
rather just defer to your advice on this.  If you recommend keeping
the "upstream" version "urlgrabber" and letting fedora people
repackage as "python-urlgrabber", that's fine with me.  If it's
simpler to go the other way, then fine.

What do you advise?

> The idea is the packager for core keeps the package updated for the
> release. Right now no one outside of redhat.com can be a packager for
> core, though.
>
> I just built it up that way and I'll probably pass it up to core through
> jeremy or chris.
>
> All I did was take your srpm and change the name (and the requisite
> parts related to that) and added the changelog.
>
> Then I built it on an fc3 machine. I can build it w/o a problem on a
> rawhide box, too.

Got it.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G