[Yum-devel] Should sqlite replace the current pickle caches

Menno Smits menno-yum at freshfoo.com
Thu Feb 24 22:18:12 UTC 2005

Gijs Hollestelle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on getting the sqlite stuff ready to commit it to CVS,
> currently there are 2 options to do this:
>
> 1. Remove the original pickle stuff and go with sqlite only
> 2. Create a config option (should it default to on or off?)

It's probably best to keep the pickle stuff there to fall back on until
we know sqlite is solid. If sqlite is not installed or the user chooses
not to use it, yum should fall back to using pickles but make it clear
that the user is missing out. The config option should definitely
default to sqlite.

If we want to keep pickle support for the long term, we could refactor
that code to use the new MDParser class to avoid overlapping metadata
parsing functionality.

Menno

Scanned by the NetBox from NetBox Blue
(http://netboxblue.com/)