[Yum-devel] urlgrabber: timestamp check

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:47:40 UTC 2005

Crap. Sorry, I just realized I didn't read your question right. I
thought you were asking whether there was a way to only grab something
if the remote resource is newer than the local resource.

Anyway, yea, I don't think it would be too hard to check the date of a
remote resource.

HTTP: You can send an HEAD request to a resource and you get back the
headers (including a date) without the resource.

FTP: Yuck. I've seen code in ftplib that does an `ls` and then parses
the result to get information about the files. Kind of gross but should
be possible.

Ryan