[Yum-devel] proxy testing

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Fri Feb 18 00:36:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 05:12:05PM -0700, Jeremy Lyon wrote:
> I've done quite a bit with Squid.  I'd be happy to help.

Yay!  Thanks!

> For the auth
> portion.  You want that auth at the proxy right?

Yes, I don't know a ton about proxies, but my understanding is that
the proxy doesn't care if the connection to the final host is authed.
I'd like to test both.  When I say authed here, I mean you have to
authenticate to even get access to the proxy.  Ultimately, I'd like to
test:

   auth-to-proxy   +   auth-to-server
   auth-to-proxy   +   anon-to-server
   anon-to-proxy   +   auth-to-server
   anon-to-proxy   +   anon-to-server

But if I can't get that all with a single proxy config, then fine.

					-Michael
P.S. unit tests kick ass

  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G