[Yum-devel] repoclosure.py

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Feb 5 07:55:48 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,
 This is a simple script to check a set of yum repositories for
dependency closure. Originally Dries Verachtert sent me a script very
similar to this. It was using the repomd modules that yum uses to do it.
I just used the yum modules to do this and it makes it a little easier
to specify the repos you want to check.

It will print out a list of pkgs with unresolved dependencies and which
repositories they're from.

http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/misc/repoclosure.py

repoclosure.py [list of repo ids you want to check]

if you don't list any repos it will check all the enabled ones in your
yum configuration.

It's really dirt simple and obvious - let me know if I did anything
silly in it, though.