[Yum-devel] yum 2.2.0 plans and new yum-HEAD

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Feb 5 06:13:58 UTC 2005

Hi folks,
 Wanted to let y'all know what I'm thinking about for yum right now.

1. yum 2.1.13 + 3 minor patches (1 to urlgrabber (from today), 1 to the
depsolver and 1 to the transaction display stuff to alphabetize the list

 after that we can release yum 2.2.0

2. as soon as 2.2.0 is out we make a 2_2_X branch and head can get some
new fun stuff:

  a. Gijs' sqlite patches to start with
  b. All of the shell stuff and new changes live there
  c. pull urlgrabber out of head since it'll be in its own package soon
  d. merge in Terje's rpm callback changes
  e. Michael Favia's, hopefully incoming, transaction list patches.
  f. whatever stuff Paul needs for yum and Pup to be happy.
  g. rip up the generate-rss code to make it more flexible
  h. modify transactioninfo some more to make information retrieval a
     bit easier
  i. work on the bits to the depsolve callback to allow people to
     (optionally) remove packages with unresolveable deps from the
     transaction.
  j. Your Idea Here.

What else is on the table? Anyone got anything that I either forgot or
that would be cool?

oh and I just wanted to say the last few weeks with all the work going
on in yum has been fantastic. It's been really cool seeing lots of
patches coming from people to implement all sorts of good ideas.

Thanks.