[Yum-devel] shell commands

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 3 07:27:32 UTC 2005

So, now that we have this special shell, some things occur to me could
be needed and useful.

However, I also realize that a huge portion of these could just be crack
and I need to be smacked. Someone please feel free to tell me which ones
are silly.

1. list-stuff-in-the-transaction
2. remove-stuff-from-the-transaction
3. changelog - show me the last N entries from the changelog
4. exclude (foo) (forces rebuild of indexes, of course)
5. enablerepo/disablerepo? That would force a rebuild of indexes and
probably another doRepoSetup() call.

The reason I'm thinking of doing some of these things is b/c with a gui
interface we're going to have to have a fair bit of support for users
poking and prodding at things.

Especially things like:
 I'd like all the updates, except this one, exclude it and re-run the
depsolver.

stuff like that.
However, I recognize that there are places we should not go :)
so let's figure out where to stop/start, etc

thoughts?

thanks folks,