[Yum-devel] [UG] New urlgrabber release?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 17:02:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 09:21 -0700, Michael Stenner wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 04:11:25PM -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Chris has been taking a look at integrating urlgrabber into anaconda and
> > basically has things working at this point.  The main thing that will
> > need doing still is packaging fun.  At present, we're including
> > urlgrabber in the yum package.  Once we start using it for anaconda as
> > well, I'm probably going to want to pull it out and have it be a
> > separate package.  At which point, it'd be handy to have a new release
> > with some of the changes that have been made since 2.9.0.
> >
> > Any chance of it? :)
>
> Yes.  Making urlgrabber its own package is easy from the urlgrabber
> end (it's already done, really).  There are a couple bugs we need to
> sort out, but fixing bugs and pushing a new version will be trivial.

Yeah, it's just packaging shenanigans for yum.  That's easy enough for
me to do.  For now, we'll just suck the urlgrabber out of the yum
package and use it in trees.  That'll make sure we at least start
testing the code even if getting a release and then package juggling
doesn't happen until after FC4 test1.

Thanks,

Jeremy