[Yum-devel] more new misc things in yum-HEAD

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Feb 1 05:31:21 UTC 2005

Hey,
 I had a request for a feature i've sorta been meaning to add so I put
it in tonight.

in the [main] section of the yum.conf you can now add a
tsflags option. This option is a list of strings. The strings specify
transaction flags to pass to the rpm transaction set.

I've only implemented 4 of them  - but I think they're the most commonly
used ones:

noscripts
notriggers
nodocs
test

noscripts - turns off all the %post/%pre/%pre-un/%post-un scripts
notriggers - turns off all triggers
nodocs - don't install things marked as %doc
test - do the whole transaction - except, don't do - just test do it.

implementing the others would not be hard but some of them are fairly
pointless. Let me know what y'all think or if I should implement others.

thanks