[Yum-devel] yum 2.5.0

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:45:17 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Brian Long <brilong at cisco.com> wrote:

> Has this upgrade path been considered?  How painful will it be to
> migrate clients from yum-2.2 (my current RHEL 3 setup) or yum-2.4 (my
> current RHEL 4 setup) to yum-2.6?

Unless I missed something, there is always the possibility of leaving
them with the perfectly working 2.2/2.4 that they have, right?

Or do you just want to have one repository?

With 2.2/2.4 the repo style changed, but I believe you can still run
both of the createrepo/yum-arch on a single directory and have the
necessary metadata for both systems.  I hope that a similar setup is
possible with 2.2

Greg