[Yum-devel] config class

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon Aug 29 10:20:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 02:39 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> 'Lo all,
>   I was thinking about the base config class some and I was thinking
> about having a simple list of tuples:
> (value_name, method_used_to_access/type, default_value)
>
> I was looking for better ways to do a table and I thought this would be
> the easiest way to have consistent access mechanisms.
>
> any thoughts on how to improve it? I'm sure I'm missing some nicer way
> of doing tables in python that I'm not aware of. Anyone care to
> enlighten me?

If value_name is a primary key then you might be better off using a
dictionary for it, with either a tuple in the value, or two separate
dictionaries as you choose. Or a class with accessors might be the way
to go.

Then again, I don't know the yum internals so I could be way off.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/