[Yum-devel] check_timestamp, perhaps total reget bug in 2.9.6.

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Thu Aug 18 02:39:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 07:05:37PM -0700, Scott Robinson wrote:
> Does this mean reget is broken, or am I just using it wrong?

It's a bug.  I think I stumbled on it before, but clearly I forgot or
something.  The issue is that urlgrabber tries to fetch from the end
of the local file to the end of the remote file, which is
zero-length.  IIRC, that is (sadly) not legal in HTTP.  I'll look into
it.  I'm currently doing a bunch of stuff in urlgrabber and expect a
new release Real Soon Now.  This will be fixed one way or the other.

Thanks for reminding me.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G