[Yum-devel] development/scm system

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Wed Aug 17 14:30:06 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 16:27 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey folks,
>  I'm opening a fun can of worms here but in the next few months I expect
> we'll be getting some new hardware and that means migrating things to
> it.
>
> Now, while that's going to happen I was wondering if we should consider
> other SCM/development systems.
>
> What do people prefer and have experience with? I'm open for some
> discussion of this but I'd prefer non-religious arguments of systems. :)

Seth,

You can take this with a grain of salt since I haven't helped with Yum
development  :)  Have you stepped back and figured out what CVS is _not_
delivering that you _need_ to have?  Instead of migrating to SVN for a
perceived benefit, why not stick with the tried-and-true CVS until it no
longer meets your needs?

Just my $.02.

/Brian/