[Yum-devel] development/scm system

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Sun Aug 14 20:40:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 16:27 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Hey folks,
>  I'm opening a fun can of worms here but in the next few months I expect
> we'll be getting some new hardware and that means migrating things to
> it.
>
> Now, while that's going to happen I was wondering if we should consider
> other SCM/development systems.
>
> What do people prefer and have experience with? I'm open for some
> discussion of this but I'd prefer non-religious arguments of systems. :)

I've tried Arch/tla/baz, and my experience was that it's much harder to
use than CVS or SVN, so my personal preference would be SVN. Plus the
fact that A/t/b commits the entire repo and not just the current dir and
subdirs can be seen as a weakness.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/