[Yum-devel] pre-2.4.0

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Aug 12 13:30:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 05:20 -0700, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Brian Long wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 22:34 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> >> Hey Everyone,
> >>  Before we branch 2.4.0 is there any last minute bugfixes or items you
> >> want to see about slipping in?
> >>
> >> Anyone? anyone? Bueller?
> >>
> >> if not then I'll branch tomorrow evening.
> >
> > When 2.4.0 is branched, will all the plugins at that moment in time also
> > be branched for stability purposes?  Or will plugins always only be on
> > CVS HEAD?  I'm just wondering if we move to yum 2.4.0 and integrate some
> > of the plugins, will they be maintained on the same branch as yum (i.e.
> > tied to that version)?
>
> It might indeed make sense to branch yum-utils as well, especially since
> yum 2.5 can be expected to break the API in various ways.
>
> The plugins .. well, maintaining them is up to their authors, as for mine,
> I certainly expect to maintain mine for yum-2.4 compat for fairly long
> time because of RHEL 4/clone deployments.

That's what I wanted to hear  :)  We're using yum-2.2.x in our RHEL 3
deployments.  We're planning to use yum-2.4.x in our RHEL 4 deployments
in the coming months.  I'd like to be able to integrate some of the core
yum-utils written by you and others on this list and count on bug fixes
in that branch instead of the 2.5.x branch  :-)

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.