[Yum-devel] pre-2.4.0

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Aug 12 12:20:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Brian Long wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 22:34 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>> Hey Everyone,
>>  Before we branch 2.4.0 is there any last minute bugfixes or items you
>> want to see about slipping in?
>>
>> Anyone? anyone? Bueller?
>>
>> if not then I'll branch tomorrow evening.
>
> When 2.4.0 is branched, will all the plugins at that moment in time also
> be branched for stability purposes?  Or will plugins always only be on
> CVS HEAD?  I'm just wondering if we move to yum 2.4.0 and integrate some
> of the plugins, will they be maintained on the same branch as yum (i.e.
> tied to that version)?

It might indeed make sense to branch yum-utils as well, especially since
yum 2.5 can be expected to break the API in various ways.

The plugins .. well, maintaining them is up to their authors, as for mine,
I certainly expect to maintain mine for yum-2.4 compat for fairly long
time because of RHEL 4/clone deployments.

 	- Panu -