[Yum-devel] transaction checking

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Apr 11 01:44:48 UTC 2005

> Just thinking of the top of my head here... could the transaction state
> be saved by writing out pickled TransactionData objects at each step of
> the transaction? This of course requires that TransactionData is updated
> as the transaction progresses which I haven't checked.

What I've found with pickling information is that it takes a while and
it tends to eat up memory. If we store package ids we can recreate the
transaction but not have all the cost of having to pickle all the
headers and what not that are in the TransactionData.

moreover, i'm not certain that pickling the rpm header objects for
dumping will work. :)