[Yum-devel] OT: rpm bindings for Python

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Wed Sep 8 13:39:26 UTC 2004

Paul Nasrat wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 09:12:07PM -0400, Eric V. Smith wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to find how to use the rpm bindings for python.  I can't find
>>any API documentation anywhere.  Google thinks I'm searching for
>>specific rpm's, not documentation on the rpm API.  I figure someone here
>>would know :).

> For an introduction try:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/pnasrat/rpm-python/rpm-python-slides/frames.html
>
> This takes you through the basics - I'd welcome feedback on a new users
> perspective.

I found that through Seth's pointer.  Thanks very much.

I'd offer you some feedback, but I found exactly what I need in the
first 30 seconds of looking at your pages.  So, my only feedback is:
it's exactly what I was looking for.  But then I'm not trying to do
anything fancy, just reading what's installed.

Thanks again, Paul.

Eric.