[Yum-devel] OT: rpm bindings for Python

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Wed Sep 8 01:12:07 UTC 2004

I realize this is off-topic, but I've been unable to craft a google
search to give me the answer.

I'm trying to find how to use the rpm bindings for python.  I can't find
any API documentation anywhere.  Google thinks I'm searching for
specific rpm's, not documentation on the rpm API.  I figure someone here
would know :).

Mostly I'm just looking for read-only information, the type that would
be returned by "rpm -qa --qf".  I'd prefer to do it from a python
script, instead of executing the rpm binary.

Thanks for any pointers.

Eric.