[Yum-devel] keepalives and pain

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 8 14:32:42 UTC 2004

Hi,
 We've recently discovered, due to a 'feature' in rpmlib that if a
keepalive is left around, especially during a transaction and the remote
server kills off the connection, that yum will immediately exit w/o any
warning or traceback due to rpmlib catching the SIGPIPE and handling it
via exit(). So I'm wondering how hard it would be to force close all
keepalives at a certain time. So when yum reaches the point where it's
all inside the rpm transaction and no longer downloading anything I can
force close all urlgrabber keepalives, and be reasonably sure that we
won't get any spurious sigpipe's from a server sloughing off extra
connections.

any ideas?