[Yum-devel] yum command tree

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Fri May 14 19:31:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 02:22:04PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > More to come but awareness and download of srpms would be good :)
> >

> would it be good in the base yum command set?
>
> it seems more appropriate to have a separate command for that - b/c
> arguably src.rpm getting is a command/feature less likely to be used by
> the common user.
>
> maybe this is an argument for splitting some of the command out.
>
> maybe the yum query should be outside, too.

I'd almost be tempted to move ALL information commands outside yum:

  list, info, search, provides, query, etc.

This would tie in nicely with my other suggestions.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G