[Yum-devel] [UG] openers and keepalive

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at naeblis.cx
Wed Mar 31 03:23:23 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 13:13, Michael Stenner wrote:
> 2) opener-caching broken
>
>    The opener-caching behavior seems to not quite be working right
>    yet, so I disabled it for now.
<snip>
>    This only showed up in the test suites where LOTS
>    of stuff was happening.  All my simple tests worked.

I cannot seem to recreate this (tried under python 2.2 and python 2.3).
Do you remember the test cases that failed? I'm building the opener with
the CacheOpenerDirectory and with urllib2 then dumping the handler list
and the handle_error dict of both but I'm not seeing any real
difference. I'm running the entire suite though so I might be missing
something.

Also, were any tests failing? I'm getting all ok's using the cache but I
get the feeling that tests weren't actually failing for you but that the
caching was causing problems with other expected things to happen.

- Ryan