[Yum-devel] [UG] openers and keepalive

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Wed Mar 31 01:34:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 05:56:03PM -0700, Michael Stenner wrote:
> OK.  I take it back.  On a hunch, I ran the test suite again using
> python 2.3 and got something much more similar to what you got.  I'll
> look into this more closely.  Honestly, I'm much happier now.  The
> thought of some subtle difference in our setups causing wild variation
> had me pretty scared.

OK.  Those are fixed.  The ERRORs turned out to be one tiny bug in
keepalive that came about because 2.3 does some things slighty
differently.  No biggie.  The FAILs were also 2.3-bugs in the test
suite.  Now fixed.

> Ryan, do you have access to both python 2.2 and 2.3?  I now think we
> should test with both after any significant modification.  I just
> installed 2.3 in /usr/local/.  It's very tidy.

Yeah.  We need to do this.  It's sad, but we're deep enough into
subclassing things, that this issues are going to pop up.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G