[Yum-devel] [UG] openers and keepalive

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Tue Mar 30 17:33:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 07:31:56AM -0500, Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 13:13, Michael Stenner wrote:
> > OK, I mentioned yesterday that I was having problems with some of the
> > reget stuff working and with keepalive.
> >
> > 1) keepalive
> >
> >    Well, the keepalive thing turned out to be a non-issue.  The apache
> >    that comes with FC1 has keepalive off by default.  Since we just
> >    upgraded www.linux.duke.edu (the test server, among other things)
> >    keepalive stopped working.  Not a problem in urlgrabber.
>
> So, are you getting a couple errors and failures when running the unit
> tests right now? I'm seeing problems with the following:

This is not what I wanted to hear :)

> ERROR: NO reget when server version is newer than local
> ERROR: module-level urlread() function
> ERROR: MirrorGroup.urlgrab
> ERROR: test that MG executes the failure callback correctly
> ERROR: MGRandomOrder.urlgrab
> FAIL: testing connection restarting (20-second delay, ctrl-c to skip)
> FAIL: use 3 threads, each getting a file 4 times
> FAILED (failures=2, errors=5, skipped=4)

I get this:

    HTTPRegetTests
      exception raised for illegal reget mode           ... ok
      simple (forced) reget                             ... ERROR
      NO reget when server version is newer than local  ... ERROR
      reget when server version is older than local     ... ERROR

Those are my only errors.  (some of the ftp reget tests are skipped).

This is with a fully up-to-date cvs (as of now) AND the opener
comments switched back to use the CachedOpenerDirector scheme.

> Most seem to be related to keepalive trying to close/reuse a connection.
>
> > Not a problem in urlgrabber.
>
> Are you saying that these should go away once keepalive is turned back
> on at www.linux.duke.edu?

Yes.  The problem is that I turned it on yesterday morning :(
So.... I think keepalive should be working.  Looks like a little more
investigation is in order.  Perhaps you should send the full test
output.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G