[Yum-devel] [UG] openers and keepalive

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at naeblis.cx
Tue Mar 30 12:31:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 13:13, Michael Stenner wrote:
> OK, I mentioned yesterday that I was having problems with some of the
> reget stuff working and with keepalive.
>
> 1) keepalive
>
>    Well, the keepalive thing turned out to be a non-issue.  The apache
>    that comes with FC1 has keepalive off by default.  Since we just
>    upgraded www.linux.duke.edu (the test server, among other things)
>    keepalive stopped working.  Not a problem in urlgrabber.

So, are you getting a couple errors and failures when running the unit
tests right now? I'm seeing problems with the following:

ERROR: NO reget when server version is newer than local
ERROR: module-level urlread() function
ERROR: MirrorGroup.urlgrab
ERROR: test that MG executes the failure callback correctly
ERROR: MGRandomOrder.urlgrab
FAIL: testing connection restarting (20-second delay, ctrl-c to skip)
FAIL: use 3 threads, each getting a file 4 times
FAILED (failures=2, errors=5, skipped=4)

Most seem to be related to keepalive trying to close/reuse a connection.

> Not a problem in urlgrabber.

Are you saying that these should go away once keepalive is turned back
on at www.linux.duke.edu?

- Ryan