[Yum-devel] URLGrabber TODO updates

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at naeblis.cx
Sun Mar 7 16:02:06 UTC 2004

I was going through the urlgrabber TODO list and was hoping to strike a
few items but I wanted to make sure there weren't any objections.

From urlgrabber TODO:
> * Basic speed tests to make sure we're not insanely slow. Interested
>   in the cases of:
>   - crazy features ON and large files
>   - crazy features ON and small files
>   - crazy features OFF and large files
>   - crazy features OFF and small files
>
>   Here, crazy features are things like throttling and progress meters.
>   The significance of large/small files is whether we're slow in the
>   actual downloading or the setup overhead.

So, what do you think? Based on the performance tests I ran, can we take
this off the TODO list?

> * Need to test usage across multiple threads. grabber.py should be fine.
>   keepalive seems to be the scary piece here.

I feel like we can strike this as being okay for ALPHA 2 and blow it out
into a couple of more specific tasks (under the misc/maybe section most
likely):

* Make keepalive functionality work when used in multiple threads.

* Add a progress_meter implementation that can be used in concurrent
download situations.

> * Get viewcvs setup.

Strike, done.

- Ryan