[Yum-devel] logging

Michael Stenner mstenner at linux.duke.edu
Sun Mar 7 04:47:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 11:38:12PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> So I've been thinking about logging and looking at that logging module
> some.
>
>  Would anyone have any objections to using that logging module and
> stopping use of logger.py?
>
> We'll have to play the normal game of 'is it available on the system or
> not' but that's probably not too bad.

I think you're going to want to go that route eventually.  I think the
two sane options are:

1) do it now while you're making major changes to the code
2) wait until you can assume python 2.3 so you don't have to those
   games

I'd lean toward 1.  It's pretty cool stuff.

				-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G