[Yum-devel] Fwd: More yum oddities

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jun 23 06:48:51 UTC 2004

> Meanwhile, I am in fact planning to mix repositories in the future only if
> they say they're attempting to be mutually compatible, so this is not
> likely to be an actual problem for me personally. At this point, I'm just
> interested in clarifying what 'pkgpolicy=last' is supposed to mean.

wow, I completely dropped this message.

Short version: pkgpolicy=last should mean that the last repository in
the path will have the newest version of a package from it be considered
newer than the newest version from any preceeding repository.

this says nothing about lower versions, though.

and therein lies your problem.