[Yum-devel] Fwd: More yum oddities

Josh Smith jbs at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 8 22:23:23 UTC 2004

To clarify one thing:

JBS> Is this another case of "you wouldn't have this problem if you just
JBS> used apt"?

SV> comments like this are a good way to de-motivate me to help. They're
SV> spurious and snide. There's no constructive value to them at all.

I have a co-worker who says things like this, and my comment (which I
originally sent to a local sysadmins list) was aimed at him, not y'all on
this list. I still use and like yum, despite his contention that apt does
this thing or that thing better (in his opinion).

When David asked if he could forward my message to this list, I didn't
remember that comment at the bottom, or I would've realized that it would
annoy people here. The sniping was intended for a local colleague, not you
folks.

                                      -Josh (jbs at cacr.caltech.edu)