[Yum-devel] GPG key importing

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Dec 19 07:43:56 UTC 2004

> Ok cool, any pointers on how rpm 4.4 will do this?

look on the rpm-devel list for entries about HKP from jeff johnson.

> In both of these situations yum could do 3 things if a key is missing:
> 1) Just install the required key without asking.
> 2) Refuse to install the key, report an error and abort.
> 3) Do (1) or (2) depending on option in yum.conf.
>
> I guess if users are worried about keys being installed automatically
> then they could just not have the gpgkey option set. Then yum will abort
> anyway if gpgcheck is on and a required key is missing.
>
> What would you prefer?

it's a hard call, truly. However the meaning behind -y is obvious.
Answer 'yes' to all questions.

so if -y is set, then assume the user has consented to the action. To do
otherwise would be inconsisent.

if -y is not set and stdin is not a tty, then exit with error about
needing a user confirmation.

sound reasonable?