[Rpm-metadata] mergerepo issue

Zeng, Jingjian (HBO) Jingjian.Zeng at hbo.com
Mon Oct 7 18:27:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

In merge.py, _sort_func deletes one package if both have the same name, even they have different versions.  This caused a bug for me, and I have to add comparison of versions to make my code work.

My use case is:  I have a yum repo on S3, every time I have a newer version of the product, I would run createrepo on this version, and merge repomd with the one on S3.  Because they have the same name, the default mergerepo doesn't work.

Please tell me whether I did it the right way.

Thanks
JJ
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying, forwarding, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.  This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.

Thank you.