[Rpm-metadata] 2 commits - createrepo/__init__.py createrepo/utils.py genpkgmetadata.py mergerepo.py modifyrepo.py

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Sep 16 17:56:47 UTC 2011

seth vidal wrote:

>> I added the other stuff to the stable series, instead.
>> But the yum patches should still be around (if needed).
>
> That 'stable' series you added things to is not really in use anymore.
> It's labeled as the maintenance branch since it is in maintenance mode
> only. No new features will be added there.
>
> If you're going to fork it like that I'd appreciate it if you made a
> different name for it. It's confusing to users.

It was more of backports, but whatever. Adding changelog_limit
and that collapse_glibc_requires flag that was fooling smart,
in addition to the sha256 checksums and the lzma compression.
Plus the compatibility patches required to make it run at all.

There's nothing incompatible about the generated "repodata",
except for those extra tags (primary_lzma and rpm:distepoch) ?

Still seemed better than doing a separate rpm metadata format...

--anders