[Rpm-metadata] 2 commits - createrepo/__init__.py createrepo/utils.py genpkgmetadata.py mergerepo.py modifyrepo.py

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Sep 16 14:39:46 UTC 2011

seth vidal wrote:

>> There was some patches* for yum-metadata-parser last year,
>> to handle the lzma and xz compression in addition to gzip ?
>> Since those aren't built-in to libxml2, it needed to use
>> a temporary file and uncompress before calling parsefile...
>>
>> If you're accepting patches now, could try and dig it up.
>
> I don't know of when I wasn't accepting patches

Maybe the metadata files wasn't "ready" for it, last year.
But it was with the --lzma and --xz options to createrepo.

There was another (unrelated) patch with <rpm:disttag> and
<rpm:distepoch>, so that it would work with Mandriva 2011.

Maybe they got intermixed ?

Anyway, seems it was just a hack (spawning an "unxz"...)

Probably needs something better, though I don't know if
libxml2 has a stream-like interface or just file/memory ?

>> * In the end, it ended up not being used since the new
>> files used primary_lzma etc and the gzip was kept too.
>> When the xz compression *was* used, the sqlite wasn't,
>> so it I don't think sqlitecachec ended up being patched.
>
> Right - I'm not interested in adding repodata to handle the formats.

As long as it doesn't need to be compatible, using the
file extension should be good enough. And xz has magic.

I added the other stuff to the stable series, instead.
But the yum patches should still be around (if needed).

--anders